Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Art 351 Dingbats

So in interactive flash, we were to create 30 "dingbats" with a theme.

I couldn't think of anything else to draw, but after looking at References from Michel Gagne, I decided to try out the "Bizarre Creature theme" and try to come up with as many crazy designs as possible. Michel Gagne's had that imagination that had strange and amazing creatures. I didn't look too much into his work though just so I could keep my mind fresh and focused. I actually surprised myself in the process. Usually, I would be really worried about perfectionism and my drawing would be really slow in these situations. But when drawing quickly and not thinking about it, the quality of my work was up to my standards than if I nitpicked everything.

Even at times where I couldn't think of anything to draw, I still pushed and followed through with what I wanted to do. I've drawn in flash before so this wasn't anything new to me. However, due to deadlines, I picked up the habit of drawing faster than normal. I want to say that I really love the brush tool in this program. But sometimes the line thickness with the brush tool can be a bit spontaneous.

I think I'll definitely do more random doodles like this in the future to see what else i can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment