Monday, January 10, 2011

Silhouettes project part 2

        For part 2 of the silhouette project I was to create 30 of my own original Silhouette characters. Apparently I came up with 31. Some of them humans, and lots of them are creatures that I came up with . Hopefully I can get better at this as I go along. This was a very fun project and got me to realize the importance on style and how to make a character recognizable and unique.

        Ever since I first started, I never took silhouettes into considering. As I grew up with my work, I did research about the topic but never really tried myself until now. And I have to say it was a great experience for me. I had to think about the shape of the character rather focusing on the details. With that, it gave out different varieties of body shapes on characters. I'm very much into the simplistic style of cartoons. So when doing this project, it helped me a lot on that part and broadened my imagination.

         A couple of my human characters I had worked on before. By working on this, i was able to tweak my character's design to make it look more original and recognizable. So my characters changed a little bit. I wasn't too worried on the editing. I basically just let my imagination let loose and take over so see what I came up with. I have to say that after this experience, I may be doing more of this to come up with new characters from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment